Habitat for Humanity
BUILD EVENT: March 10, 2018
Christ UMC is about relationships and what is better about building relationships than help building a home for a deserving family? Please join us in helping Habitat build another home in our community. Our build day will be Saturday, March 10th, and we will be working on site from 8:30 am until 4 pm of that day. SIGN UP HERE. Sign-ups will also be in the Narthex on Sundays. If you can’t help with construction, you can help by donating food items for our work crews as well. If you have any questions you can contact John & MaryAnn Szabo.
Who We Serve
Habitat for Humanity is an ecumenical Christian ministry that builds new homes and rehabs homes for low income families in our community. Also, one home is built in Mozambique, Africa for every 2 homes built in Williamson County. Hard-working families that qualify for a home may purchase their home interest free. They must live or work in Williamson County, complete budget and homeowner classes and also work 500 sweat equity hours prior to closing.
Why We Serve
We support HFHWC because we believe that having a safe, permanent place to live helps low income families end the cycle of poverty and builds a stable, thriving community.
Ways to Be Involved
There are several different ways for you to be involved in CUMC’s Habitat ministry.
- Participate in a Christ UMC sponsored build on assigned Saturdays and Sundays (usually in the spring).
- Provide food for our workers on the days of the build.
- Help coordinate or participate in our fundraising projects.
- Offer continued prayers for this vital ministry.
- Give financially to HFHWC through Christ UMC.
- Check out the volunteer opportunities posted on HFHWC’s website.
To find out more please contact the church office at 615-790-2112 or e-mail our Habitat for Humanity Coordinators.