We Are About Relationships
– in a God of grace. God loves us unconditionally. There is nothing we have done or can do to earn that love, and nothing will ever separate us from it.
– God’s grace was revealed fully in Jesus Christ, who lived, died and was raised from the dead. His life, death and resurrection set us free from sin and empower us to love as God loves.
– Jesus is present to all God’s children through the power of the Holy Spirit.
– the final word in matters of Christian belief and practice is Holy Scripture as found in the Old and New Testaments.
– Holy Scripture requires interpretation that is informed by reason, experience and Christian tradition.
– the Scriptures are best understood when they are read and interpreted within the community of faith.
– the church is the Body of Christ in the world, meant to do as Jesus did by, among many things, feeding the hungry, welcoming the outcast, sharing our possessions, offering healing and hope to the lost, and sharing the witness of faith.
For more on what we believe as part of The United Methodist Church, visit www.umc.org.